The Ar•Ya® Hammock is a “double-wide” or “two-person” hammock, constructed with a newly developed purpose-driven fabric, that’s mostly made out of bamboo.
Each Ar•Ya® Hammock is handcrafted, triple stitched and checked for quality. With the included flat webbing ropes the Ar•Ya® Hammock can support up to 700 pounds. The Ar•Ya® Hammock is machine washable and fast drying.
A nylon hammock will usually cost you somewhere in to $50 -$150 range for the hammock, and an additional $20-$30 on straps to hang it with. Most nylon hammocks top out around 400 pounds capacity and have one function – as a hammock.
Nylon hammocks are really great hangs, but compared to Ar•Ya® Hammocks:
– they have one usable panel vs our three for positioning yourself in the hammock
– nylon hammocks are stretchy an slick, Ar•Ya® is sturdy and not-so-slick
– when rain hits nylon it quickly hits you, Ar•Ya® is porous and fast drying, you don’t get wet
– nylon can be sticky in humid/wet/dew conditions; Ar•Ya® is never sticky
– nylon hammocks are single function devices, Ar•Ya® is designed to be multifunctional
We made a several videos comparing Ar•Ya® Hammocks to nylon hammocks, click here to see our YouTube channel for the goods.
The Ar•Ya® Hammock is just simply a great hammock. If you already love hammocks and have had a nylon style rig – the Ar•Ya® Hammock is the upgrade you’ve been waiting for.